Divas who dish . . .

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The BEST Green Chicken Enchiladas

Sometimes the simplest things are the best. These are the easiest enchiladas to make and by far my favorite. I love everything Mexican and these are at the top of my list. They don't even need sour cream and I put sour cream on everything.
.
1 pkg of breast tenderloins
Chicken Fajita Seasoning
A little butter (enough for frying your tenderloins)
1 lb of Muenster Cheese (believe the type of cheese makes a difference)
12 corn tortillas (I buy the jumbo corn tortillas which is 10 ct but they often come with an extra or two)
1 large can green chili enchilada sauce
.
Season tenderloins with fajita seasoning. Melt butter in a frying pan and add tenderloins. Cook uncovered on med. to med. hi heat for about 5 mins on each side. (Watch them because it may not take quite that long). Remove the chicken and allow to cool. Grate cheese. After chicken cools break it apart with your fingers. Heat 6 tortillas in the microwave for about 20-25 seconds just to warm them (this helps them to keep from falling apart). Put cheese and chicken in tortilla (as much or as little as you want) and then wrap and place fold side down in a greased 9 x13 pan. Repeat with the other 6 tortillas. Pour Enchilada Sauce on top and top with the remainder of the cheese (if desired, depends on how cheesy you want it. We love ours cheesy) Bake covered at 350 for 30 mins or until cheese is melted and is heated through.

3 comments:

  1. 1 pound of cheese?! really? no wonder you don't need sour cream. I am going to give these a try. I love muenster - so tangy and creamy all at once

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! They sound delicious!! I will be making them this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite part is eating the sauce and cheese with tortilla chips that is at the bottom of the pan. The fajita seasoned chicken is super tasty to snack on too. I hope you like them!

    ReplyDelete