Divas who dish . . .

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Reason #47 why the Internet is evil and awesome all at the same time

Truthfully I can't even blame this one on the internet, but this is something that would happen to me while I was, say blogging, for instance. This time I was actually being productive and organizing my recipes in a binder that has been sitting in the office overflowing with random scraps of recipes. Perfect activity for a rainy day, right? Especially after you were a super-terrific-extra-awesome mom and made cute crafts with your kids that they were (at least you thought) now playing with.

Skip forward to stressful time of day (4pm). You emerge to find that your really cute and mischevious daughter has decided to express her artistry on your beautiful, wood dining room table with a black Sharpie. I would love to say that I remained totally calm, but we all know that's not true. When I was done having a meltdown, I got on the computer and discovered others had also suffered the same fate and generously shared their findings of a solution. So, I decided I would do the same for you all, just in case Sophie is ever at your house and you leave out a black sharpie.

**Toothpaste removes permanent marker from wood!!**

so simple, so wonderful.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Sophie!!!!! It's true, she is so cute no one would ever expect . . . love the tip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great tip and very helpful, thank you! We had a friend color our entire kitchen with black sharpie. We went to the magic eraser but next time I'll try toothpaste!!

    ReplyDelete